Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Panic button?

Nah, of course not...

...although, I must admit it'd only take a small motion of my pinky to reach it.


















In any case, the point of this; look at the standings.

There's not much to see yet, with everyone only playing 4-5 games, but in case you don't know what to look for, I'll list it for you:

Boston Red Sox: 0-4
Detroit Tigers: 1-3
Oakland A's: 1-3
Tampa Bay Rays: 0-4
Milwaukee Brewers: 0-4

And of course, we have the Giants at 1-4.

What do these teams have in common? Well, all of them were picked in some capacity to either win their respective divisions or grab a wild card by a ton of "experts". Now, far be it from me to laud the blind-ish guesses these folks make, but for all of the things they miss (*cough* Giants 2010 World Series champs *cough*), most of the time they're close enough to right to warrant a mention.

Do we really think all of those teams will follow the trends of their current records and not make any noise whatsoever in 2011? Lemme just answer "no" for you. In that same vein, of the teams on that list that right their ship and contend (and it's possible they all could), why couldn't one of them be the Giants?

I'm not even going to bother with much analysis of anything until: 1) there's a large enough sample size to indicate a trend, or 2) I truly believe what I'm seeing is indicative of the Giants' potential. At this point, I don't think either #1 or #2 have occurred.

But boy, sure would be nice if these guys scored some runs, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment