Friday, April 15, 2011

Anyone else tired of the Rockies?

I am. They're starting to sca...

Okay, they always scare me, but their road record (7-1) is what I don't like most. They're also pitching very well to this point even without Ubaldo Jimenez contributing much besides a poor start...where it was revealed he had an injury that probably was the cause of that poor start.

The only person on their staff that's pitching anything close to poorly is Jason Hammel -- which actually makes me a little less scared. I have severe doubts that their entire staff is going to have a good/great year, so they do have a rough pitching patch in their future. But they are maximizing their return on this stretch of good pitching, and there's no reason to believe they won't continue to score about as well as they are now (5.6 runs/game), so I'm not exactly predicting a losing streak...just saying they'll likely come to a point soon where the wins will be harder to come by.

All that being said, though, I don't think they're ready to win the division 13 games into it, as Christina Kahrl is hinting at with the title of, "Rockies poised to win first division title". To be poised to do something that takes 6 months to do after 8% of it is finished seems a bit premature, to me.

They're playing well, and they're scary. But I don't think we should anoint them NL West champs just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment